This FRA-APPROVED online course covers the supervisor training requirements under the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) rules found in 49 CFR Part 219 (with the main focus on Subpart C -- Post-Accident Toxicological Testing, and Appendix C). This training will help FRA-covered supervisors meet the training requirement for post-accident determinations as specified in 219.11(g).
TERMINAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
After completion of this training course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe his/her responsibilities under the Part 219 Rules in making post-accident determinations.
- Identify the criteria for a qualifying accident which requires post-accident toxicological testing under the Rules.
- Determine when (and when not) to test those involved following an accident.
- Identify who should be tested following a qualifying accident.
- Define a “regulated employee” and “regulated service”.
- Define each of the types of accidents that may require testing under the FRA Rules.
- Recite the current Reporting Threshold.
- List the exceptions to FRA post-accident testing.
- Assess situations in which a Reasonable Suspicion or Reasonable Cause drug/alcohol test may be warranted.
- Document decisions relating to accidents and whether testing is to be conducted.
- Report qualifying accidents to the NRC and the FRA in a timely fashion, as required by the Rules.
- Cite the location and contact information for the FRA field office nearest to your location.
- Initiate timely collections and testing in post-accident situations.
- Select and utilize the proper post-accident tox box/kit for each particular type of accident.
- Properly complete required forms and paperwork in post-accident collections/testing.
- Guide and instruct medical/collection site personnel in proper post-accident toxicological testing and collections.
- Notify the appropriate agencies in the event of a fatality.
- Arrange overnight transport and proper chain of custody procedures for specimens.
- Utilize and consult with others in the post-accident determination and testing process, as needed (such as the DER, FRA personnel, etc.)
- Know when an employee may (and may not) be recalled for a test after they have been released from duty.
- Utilize the Post-Accident Testing Flow Chart to assist with testing determinations.
- Discuss the Rules relating to test refusals and disqualification.
- In a timely manner, find his or her resources, references, and documents relating to the Regulations and the representative’s responsibilities in post-accident situations.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate FRA Post-Accident Determination Training Certificate
PLEASE READ ALL TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PURCHASE. Completing a purchase constitutes consent to all terms and conditions outlined here.
By purchasing any course, you agree to our refund policy as follows:
Refund Policy for online Training: A full refund will be provided if requested in writing within five (5) business days of the purchase date, provided that the Learner has not logged in, accessed, or completed any portion of the online training course. A 75% refund will be provided, if requested in writing within five (5) business days of the purchase date, if the Learner has logged in or accessed the course, but has not completed or viewed more than 10% of the course content. A 50% refund will be provided, if requested in writing within five (5) business days of the purchase date, if the Learner has logged in or accessed the course, but has not completed or viewed more than 30% of the course content. No refunds will be provided if a refund request is received more than five (5) business days after the course purchase or if the Learner has completed or viewed more than 30% of the course content. Purchaser agrees that no refunds are provided more than 5 business days after the purchase date and/or more than 30% of the course content was accessed.
These training courses are meant to provide general guidelines and information relating to the subject matter and is in no way meant to replace legal advice. The content provider is not responsible for misinterpretations, or for the users' decision making or resulting actions (or lack thereof) in administering policies and programs.
We urge you to consult with competent legal counsel in any matters relating to legal compliance.
Buyer understands and agrees to abide by U.S. Copyright laws and not download, copy, distribute, or otherwise use the content herein for profit, personal gain, or to evade payment of additional course fees for additional users.
- All courses are copyrighted and are meant for one person only (solely the person this individual course was purchased for).
You may NOT copy, print, reuse, or distribute any part of this electronic course in any form.
- You may print only the provided documents and forms, but not the course content.
Certified Training Solutions rigorously protects our copyrighted material and investigates suspected violations.
Unauthorized reproduction and/or use of this training course will result in legal action and prosecution under U.S. Copyright laws. By continuing this course, YOU AGREE:
- To abide by all copyright laws, and
To not copy (electronically or otherwise), save, re-use, distribute, or utilize this online training course for any other person(s). Actual course content may NOT be copied or printed.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
You may print, copy, and use any attached documents that are produced by government agencies, as allowed (e.g. DOT publications). You may print and utilize, for your own company's use only, attached reference documents provided by Certified Training Solutions.
User/purchaser agrees that Certified Training Solutions may disable a user/learner account if suspicious activity is suspected with no refunds provided to the purchaser.
Train-The-Trainer Courses for BAT, STT, and Collector TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE: By purchasing any of Certified Training Solutions’ online and/or webcam or live Train-The-Trainer courses, you agree that you will train only staff/employees within your own company/clinic/facility. In obtaining training/certification from Certified Training Solutions, you also agree that you will purchase a new and separate online course for each person that you train. You agree to pay Certified Training Solutions the following remedy for breach of these terms:
1. $100.00 for each BAT, STT, or Collector online procedures course that you did not purchase for each person you trained, and
2. $300 for each person that you train outside of your own organization/company/facility as either a BAT, STT, or specimen collector.
By purchasing and using Certified Training Solutions' online training course(s), the purchaser, learner, and/or user of online training courses agrees to disclosure of training records to 3rd parties, including but not limited to the following: your employer or company, your consultant, C/TPA, supervisors/managers, entities that you have or may perform contract work/services for, any affiliates, auditors, any governmental agency or agent, any person using or negotiating to use your services, or others that may inquire as to the status or your training or requesting copies of your records or training certificate(s).
Your cart is empty